March 24, 2020
Dear PeakMed Member:
By taking a TeleMed-first approach, PeakMed can do its part to preserve the integrity of the U.S. healthcare system, the safety of our providers and staff, and the health of our local communities. Below, we have outlined our approach, scheduling process, and tips for a successful PeakMed TeleMed visit.
(1) PeakMed TeleMed First Approach
PeakMed’s core value is caring for our members and families while ensuring a happy, healthy community. PeakMed has offered TeleMed services since the inception of the company. Given our current environment, PeakMed is expanding our use of PeakMed TeleMed as a first-line resource to help minimize risk and exposure for everyone. With that said, our clinics are not closed and we will continue full operations to ensure 100% accessibility to your PeakMed team. Your provider team, in coordination with you, will determine if an in-person clinic visit is in the best interest of your health. Your provider may choose to communicate with you via phone call, video visit, text, or email, depending on what works best. If your provider determines you need to come into the clinic, you’ll be scheduled for an in-person visit right away.
(2) I Don’t Use Mobile Technology
Members will not be denied care because of technological limitations. Make your provider aware of your situation, and accommodations will be made. Our job is to take care of you regardless of your technical limitations, so please let us know what works best for you.
(3) Scheduling TeleMed Calls and Video Visits
Visiting your PeakMed provider via phone call or video is free and easy! If your provider determines a TeleMed call or video conference is best, you will be given a phone number or virtual video link prior to the appointment and contacted the day of your virtual appointment by our team as a reminder.
(4) Instructions for Video TeleMed Visits
After scheduling your appointment, members will receive a secure video link. Members do not need an account, as the link will take you directly to the virtual PeakMed LifeCenter. When it is time for your appointment, click the link, enter your name, and you are ready to go.
Tips for a successful video visit:
- Make sure you have a good internet connection and use WiFi when possible.
- Choose a quiet location with good lighting so your provider can see and hear you.
- Enter the virtual waiting room 5-minutes before your appointment.
- If you are having trouble with technology: Stay calm; we are here to help troubleshoot. Give your PeakMed LifeCenter a call, and we will make sure you get connected.